Five Key Aspects of Accountability in Business
Authored by Rainee Busby, Certified EOS Implementer® and Franchisee with EOS Worldwide
- In this post, we examine the importance and challenges of embracing accountability in a business and weaving it into one’s culture. Consistent use of systems like EOS Worldwide is key to establish a lasting culture of accountability.
Compensation Strategy and Philosophy Best Practices
Authored by Jeanine Pollard, Senior People Operations / HR Consultant – vcfo
- A sound compensation strategy, aligned with a company’s values and market position, is essential for business success. The right strategy will include various pay components, regular evaluation, effective communication, and the ability to make adjustments based on market data.
Building Blocks of Business Valuation
Authored by Dustin Williamson, Managing Director – vcfo Houston
- Would you like to optimize your value? Are you considering selling your business in the next several years or looking to address a specific business valuation driver? In this blog, we highlight the essential elements.
The Strategic Power of Debt as Financial Leverage
Authored by Dennis Marshall, Consulting CFO – vcfo
- Every business owner should be literate with leverage, understand how and when to employ it, and view it as an important tool in supporting growth, funding innovation, enabling market expansion, and turning it into a catalyst for business success.
Quality of Earnings Reports Impact Valuation
Authored by Joe Williams, Consulting CFO – vcfo
- A quality of earnings report is vital in acquisitions, offering in-depth analysis of a company’s financial health. Make the details of due diligence work for you, not against you.
Navigating the Future of Work
Authored by Renee Randolph, Senior People Operations / HR Consultant – vcfo
- Just as no one could have predicted the disruptions of the past decade, no one can predict with absolute certainty what the future of work will look like. Emerging trends and technologies give us an indication of how to think about and prepare for that future. Is your business ready for it?
Cash & Capital Structure
Authored by Ashford Chancelor, Practice Manager & Consulting CFO – vcfo Dallas
- Reflecting confidence and forming ambitious goals for growth are great, so long as you also recognize that downturns are inevitable and be prepared for them. Sound, strategic decisions and effective capital structure inject liquidity and flexibility into your balance sheet and put you in the best possible position to mitigate cash constraints and drive business growth.
Anti-Money Laundering Practices
Authored by Elbert Johnson, Consulting CFO – vcfo
- Increases in money laundering activity in recent years and corresponding pressures to prevent it are having unintended impacts on lawful businesses. Every business owner and executive should understand money laundering’s prevalence, know which businesses are more susceptible to money laundering issues, and effectively assess where policies and practices need to be shored up in their operations. This post outlines what you need to know.
R&D Tax Credit Qualification for Businesses
Authored by Sharon Foster, Consulting CFO – vcfo
- Changes in recent years have expanded the availability of the R&D Tax Credit to a broader audience. Here, we look at how to determine eligibility, examples of companies that navigated the process, and what’s required for businesses to capitalize on these credits.
SMB & Startup Business in Aerospace & Defense
Authored by Carter Freeman, Vice President – vcfo Western Region
- SMBs and startups possess a wealth of knowledge, innovations, products, and services that can add significant value and acceleration to aerospace and defense projects and prime contractors. Finding the right avenues to add that value, however, aren’t always obvious or easy. This post highlights five principles that SMBs and startups can apply to gain traction for landing and doing business in aerospace and defense.
Interested in learning how a vcfo consultant can help you navigate these and similar challenges in 2024? Request a free consultation today. We’ve partnered with more than 5,000 businesses in our 28 years and would love to share our expertise and experience with you.