Starting an International Business in the US
Breaking into the US market can be a profitable venture for business owners wanting to scale their operations globally. However, starting or expanding an operation internationally is time-consuming, expensive and involves a level of execution risk. vcfo and Azarmehr Law Group (ALG) have come together to provide a unique blend of immigration, finance, recruiting, human resources and logistical support to assist companies with rapidly establishing or expanding their business in the US. Our experts will listen, understand, design and execute a customized solution that meets your unique business needs. We provide the following solutions:
Foreign nationals can set up or expand a US business as a non-resident, but the process must be handled very carefully to avoid legal and tax problems. Our comprehensive immigration team will help analyze and determine the appropriate visas for executives, managers and key employees, and process the applications in an efficient and cost-effective manner. We will advise you on ongoing compliance with US immigration laws. Our team has extensive experience with a track record of processing approximately 2,000 visas per year.
Businesses can operate in a variety of structures. You must decide whether your requirements will be best met by a sole proprietorship, partnership, S corporation or limited liability company (LLC). Working with the project leaders on your end, and in close coordination with your legal counsel, our financial consultants will gather information on your plans and legal entities and guide you in the right direction.
Establishing your company’s infrastructure is critical to a business’s success, and it’s important to have a plan for how your company will be organized before bringing on employees. Our team will help your company design and set up the infrastructure. We provide the various services to get you up and running efficiently.
Accounting and Finance
- Select optimal accounting software and implement it
- Customize the Chart of Accounts to accommodate specific reporting requirements both for local management and parent company
- Prepare basic accounting policies, procedures and controls
- Create monthly financial reports, actual and forecasted, including consolidated financials for holding
- Establish bank accounts and cash management controls, including remote disbursement approval processes if needed
- Establish business insurance as required, obtain quotes, facilitate the binding of policies and coordinate any overlapping insurances with your corporate office
- Help locate physical office space and review the lease, buy furniture and set up phone and computer systems
- Leverage our expansive network to identify qualified candidates
- Manage the vetting and offer process for US Candidates
- Coordinate HR and immigration efforts to begin working on visas for any staff relocating to the US
- Provide human resources services necessary to obtain employment visas in the US and ensure compliance with the Department of Labor and the Department of Homeland Security requirements
- Provide compensation guidelines to ensure competitive packages are being offered
- Help develop a US company that attracts and motivates employees while keeping the desired corporate company culture in place
- Make certain payroll is in compliance with state and federal laws
- Set up employee benefits, including medical, dental, vision, disability and retirement
- Guide the company through the hiring process and ensure compliance with the Department of Labor and other applicable state and local regulations
- Create an employee handbook with policies and procedures that comply with state and federal laws
Give us the opportunity to mitigate your execution risk and help you establish your business presence in the US.