M&A Support & Consulting
Whether you are considering the launch of a new product, expanding operations, evaluating an exit strategy or acquiring another business to help achieve your growth objectives, vcfo is the source for expert assistance in preparing for the transaction or evaluating your options. The broad industry experience and operational strength of our strategic planning consultants sets us apart from other financial consulting firms. vcfo’s team will provide insights and guidance instrumental to your organization so that you have the support you need to successfully navigate a transition.
vcfo’s seasoned M&A team has helped numerous clients evaluate their options for growth or set the stage for a successful exit. When working with a corporate finance consultant from vcfo, you will receive the assistance before, during and after the transaction to increase value and mitigate risks.
- Virtual CFO consulting and M&A support in the sale or purchase of a business
- Buy-Side Support: vcfo leverages professionals with deep industry knowledge to focus on key areas of interest to the acquirer. We provide a strong combination of financial, business and market insight to reveal issues, risks and opportunities that otherwise go unnoticed.
- vcfo leverages professionals with deep industry knowledge to focus on key areas of interest to the acquirer. With our domain expertise, we provide a strong combination of financial, business and market insight to reveal potential issues, risks and opportunities that would otherwise go unnoticed.
- As opposed to traditional financial due diligence checklist approaches, vcfo blends a strong technical review with a practical operational business perspective. This enables vcfo to identify the underlying key value drivers that are of interest to our clients such as inventory, customer contracts, compliance risk or projects in process. We tailor our approach to include both the numbers and the often more important operational reviews.
- Sell-Side Support: Being ready for an M&A transaction before you get the call is critical for a smooth process and can make a significant difference in the strength of your position in the negotiation process. vcfo’s interim CFO services assist companies that are targets for purchase or desire to be targets of acquisitions. We are here to prepare companies for a seamless, efficient and optimally valued transaction.
- Being ready for an M&A transaction before you get the call is critical for a smooth process and can make a significant difference in the strength of your position in the negotiation process. vcfo assists companies who are targets for purchase or who desire to be targets of acquisitions to prepare for a seamless, efficient and optimally valued transaction.
- vcfo uses our team of M&A experts with deep industry expertise to establish key areas of focus to manage the due diligence process as well as a smooth acquisition transition. We focus not only on financial infrastructure, reporting and controls, but also on value differentiators that affect final value. This process ensures that addressable issues are identified and resolved early, so as not to derail prospective acquirers or to put a client in a defensive negotiation position.
- The vcfo team focuses on ensuring that the key value drivers of a transaction are identified, clear of issues and ready for a thorough due diligence process. Our process can make a significant difference in value for the selling shareholders and may help to reduce the amount of required reserves for financial, business or legal risks. Our approach includes a detailed significant focus on the numbers, as well as business and operational reviews.
- Post-Transaction Integration Support: vcfo ensures the value of a transaction is achieved and efficiencies are realized. By utilizing proprietary checklists and templates as well as seasoned financial professionals, vcfo focuses on key operational and financial integration and efficiencies.
- Ensuring the value of a transaction is achieved and efficiencies are realized is the focus of vcfo’s Post-Transaction Integration services. vcfo’s approach utilizes proprietary checklists and templates, as well as seasoned financial professionals to focus on key operational and financial integration and efficiencies
- Post-acquisition is the point where acquirers begin the process of transitioning leadership, systems, processes and relationships. This is the most critical time for the acquirer in their effort to ensure that the value purchased is retained and enhanced. vcfo, with our deep technical and operational knowledge, assists with the establishment of integration plans, development of forecasts and reporting, implementation of systems and HR plan synchronization. We also ensure that any number of other initiatives related to transition and integration are identified and executed efficiently and effectively.
- Approach and Timing; vcfo assigns appropriate professionals to the client project based on background and experience. Team members may include CFOs, M&A experts, controllers, analysts as well as other professionals as needed to support post transaction activities.
- Fees: A budget is agreed upon in advance for all engagements. Clients may change the scope or duration of a project, depending upon the results of due diligence. vcfo adapts to the needs of the client and works with the client to review, in advance, changes in scope impacting the timeline.
- Ongoing financial reporting for new lenders and/or investors
- Coordinating the integration of financial services and systems