Update as of November 13, 2020:
We have set up this page to keep you abreast of tools and solutions to help you navigate this unprecedented situation. Understandably, this is a time filled with many unknowns. While the current crisis is surely unique, we have both the expertise and experience to provide the best possible outcome. We’re all in this together, and we’re here to help.
Continue to reference this page as the situation progresses for regular updates.
Employee COVID-19 Screening Solution
QuickScreen™ is a non-intrusive, easy-to-use, screening process that automates the recommended daily employee screening for COVID-19 risk factors. This simple screen test provides employers with a dashboard of all employee scores in realtime to help ensure a safe workplace for all. Click here for more information.
Reopening Safely Toolkit
Faced with making decisions to safely bring our own teams back to work, vcfo developed a reopening plan you can borrow and modify for your own use. Drawing both on our 25 years of experience and review of current recommendations we created an easy to follow, actionable set of steps. Click here to access the toolkit.
We have compiled critical information to help you best navigate this crisis:
- CEO of vcfo, Ellen Wood, has joined the Greater Austin Chamber of Commerce-led Opening Central Texas for Business Task Force.
- Should you have questions or recommendations about reopening for yourself, the community, or state, you can send questions or recommendations to the leader of the task force, Laura Huffman, CEO of the Austin Chamber, or to Senator Kirk Watson, who has offered to take all input directly to the State task force.
- A checklist of protocols from the Texas Health and Humans Services for reopening places of business.
- An informative presentation from the Austin Public Health Epidemiology and Disease Surveillance program.
- Four action items to help business leaders cope with employee fatigue.
- A list of best practices outlining HR and financial readiness activities for a crisis.
- A look into employee safety, communications, and compliance in the face of COVID-19.
- An overview of options when it comes to workforce reduction decisions.
- Information for HR professionals regarding the new Families First Legislation.
- A blog outlining a new business survival strategy – small business bankruptcy options.
- Reorganizing and restructuring for professional practices – a fictional case study.
- A fictional case study detailing what SBRA might look like for those in the retail industry.
- How to evaluate your SBRA options – a fictional case study based on restaurants.
- Corporate restructuring and business recovery solutions with the SBRA.
- Our guidelines for applying for a Payroll Protection Program (PPP) loan.
- Our guidelines for applying for an Economic Injury Disaster Loan (EIDL).
- A list of potential funding and financing sources for small businesses and certain small non-government organizations.
- A COVID-19 Emergency Loans guide from the U.S. Chamber of Commerce.
- The U.S. Small Business Association (SBA) will provide disaster assistance loans for small businesses impacted by this crisis.
- American Express contacted Bill Schwartz, Consulting CFO with vcfo, in an article about how small businesses can approach temporary shutdowns.
- The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) has suggested cleaning products for use against COVID-19.
- The White House has released their guidelines for all Americans during this pandemic.
- Please keep a close eye on updates from officials in your area. Here’s where you can find information from our current markets:
- Stay informed on the status of payment of taxes and fees in your state.
- From keeping team members motivated to giving back to the community and pivoting business models, here’s how the companies in our network are responding in the face of a global pandemic.
- Forbes highlighted “50 Ways Companies Are Giving Back During the Coronavirus Pandemic.”
- From June 26, 2020 – Our webinar about the impact of the latest PPP legislation and calculating debt forgiveness using the newest applications.
- From June 12, 2020 – A summary of our webinar with the Austin Technology Council about future expectations and updated guidance surrounding PPP Loans. This virtual roundtable was the final installment in a series of four.
- From June 3, 2020 – Our webinar about the current hiring landscape, best practices to nail the interview, and your rights as a candidate: Moving Forward: Job Search Strategies During COVID-19.
- From May 22, 2020 – A summary of our webinar with the Austin Technology Council about the latest guidance regarding your PPP Loan. This virtual roundtable was part three in a series of four.
- From May 19, 2020 – Another webinar installment discussing PPP Loans and updates from the SBA.
- From May 8, 2020 -A summary of the webinar with the Austin Technology Council providing guidance on maximizing debt forgiveness with your PPP loan. This virtual roundtable was part two in a series of four.
- From May 1, 2020 – A summary of our webinar about your PPP Loan, currently available guidance, and proper usage of the loan to maximize forgiveness.
- From April 28, 2020 – A summary of the webinar with the Austin Technology Council providing guidance on maximizing loan forgiveness and frequently asked questions regarding your PPP Loan. This virtual roundtable was part one in a series of four.
- From April 15, 2020 – A summary of the webinar with the Austin Chamber of Commerce discussing how to best protect your cash and your people throughout this crisis, featuring vcfo’s President & CEO Ellen Wood.
- From April 6th, 2020 – A webinar discussing current labor and unemployment laws with the Texas Workforce Commission, moderated by vcfo’s former Vice President of Human Relations, Kim Flores.
Nobody ever regrets making fast and decisive adjustments to changing circumstances. In downturns, revenue and cash levels always fall faster than expenses. In some ways, business mirrors biology. As Darwin surmised, those who survive “are not the strongest or the most intelligent, but the most adaptable to change.” (A quote from a message from Sequoia to their portfolio companies on March 5th, 2020.)
Your vcfo team is here to help you be an adaptable survivor. The time to prepare to weather the potential financial consequences of this crisis is NOW.
We will continue to keep you informed of any policy changes as we navigate these uncertain times. Please do not hesitate to contact anyone on our team to discuss any concerns you may have. There also may be other areas where you need assistance, such as crisis management, communications, or IT, and we are more than happy to make these introductions.
Confidential information of vcfo Holdings, Inc. and its subsidiaries. No use, reproduction or disclosure is allowed without the written approval of vcfo Holdings, Inc. Copyright © 2020 vcfo Holdings, Inc. All rights reserved. vcfo and certain other marks are the trademarks and registered trademarks of vcfo Holdings, Inc. in the United States and other countries. Certain other marks, if referred to, are the trademarks of their respective companies.